Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Hawk

I was walking around with Blue, and then out of nowhere, my parents jumped out. My mom said "Look over there! It's Robin! You're gonna play with him for the rest of day. Sorry, Blue. Bye! Now go." Ugh! My parents. They just HAVE to embarrass me.
"Play?" I said "Really?"
My parents don't take well to back talk. "Yes! Play!" said my dad in a cold voice "What about it? Just go!"
So I said bye to Blue, and went over to Robin. "Hi," I said in a kinda shy voice.
"I know your parents made you come. They kinda went up to me and said that." He said out of nowhere.
"Sorry about that. Some day I'll be outta here, and have a life of flying around the world," I said, rather fast out of surprise. I talk and do things fast when I'm surprised. Maybe it's a bird thing.
"Run!!! Hawk!!!" Robin screamed. "I said run!!!" I ran but looked behind me when I figured out he wasn't following me.
"Come on!!! Run!!!"
He screamed something back. All I heard was "fight him" and "go without" because I was already so far away. I got his message.
"Duck!!! He's behind you!!!" the hawk soared and scratched Robin on the head. He fought the hawk off spectacularally. He is SO brave, you know? Wow.
Well, a little human girl ran into the clearing we were on so the hawk ran away. So did we, but we made sure to fly in the other direction.
Ever since then, we've been great friend. Some things just bring people together. And apparently, facing a hawk is one of them. Comment on whether you think Robin is SO brave, too. He's just awesome. (sigh) But he still is annoying. Ha! Ha ha! Ohhhhh.

Love + Birdseeds,
Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment